The SeatAvailabilityRQ service returns priced seat map with one or more flights for the requested OfferID. Currently, it can only be called during Pre-Booking flow.
The ResponseID and OfferID must be used in the SeatAvailabilityRQ from previous AirShoppingRS.
As per the IATA NDC 2017.2 schema standard, the multiple Offer can not be included in the same SeatAvailabilityRQ. Also, the user cannot pass the OfferItemID in the SeatAvailabilityRQ.
PN OnlyThe user does not need to pass this in the request. Internally it will be taken care of and applied during pricing the itinerary in the future implementation. Not available today.
CCN OnlyThe user does not need to pass this in the request. Internally it will be taken care of and applied during pricing the itinerary in the future implementation. Not available today.
NTPThe user does not need to pass this in the request. Internally it will be taken care of and applied during pricing the itinerary in the future implementation. Not available today.
ACB and PNThe user does not need to pass this in the request. Internally it will be taken care of and applied during pricing the itinerary in the future implementation. Not available today.
FQTV Supported in NDC2017.2 SeatAvailabilityRQ for AC.
When the SeatAvailabilityRQ has multiple travelers with different FQTV Tier levels, all passengers benefit from the benefits of the highest tier.
Language CodeNDC17.2 user can provide language code in SeatAvailabilityRQ/Parameters/Languages/LanguageCode. AirCanada supports French and English languages only. If the user does not provide Language Code in the request, then English is the default language.
Passenger Type CodeAirCanada supports ADT, CHD, YTH, and INF.
<SeatAvailabilityRQ Version="2017.2"> <PointOfSale> <Location> <CountryCode>CA</CountryCode> </Location> </PointOfSale> <Document> <Name>ATPCO AGG NDCx 2.0</Name> <ReferenceVersion>IATA NDC 17.2</ReferenceVersion> </Document> <Party> <Sender> <!--The Sender Type "EnabledSystemSend" will be used for users who do not use an IATA number--> <!--<EnabledSystemSender> <SystemID>SenderName</SystemID> </EnabledSystemSender>--> <!--The Sender Type "TravelAgencySender" will be used for users who use IATA number (Travel Agencies)--> <TravelAgencySender> <IATA_Number>0000000</IATA_Number> <AgencyID>001</AgencyID> </TravelAgencySender> </Sender> </Party> <Parameters> <Languages> <LanguageCode>en-CA</LanguageCode> </Languages> </Parameters> <Query> <Offer OfferID="NJJFBQ-OfferID-1" Owner="AC" ResponseID="5fcf3507-b34f-44d5-acb2-67f22c1199df-8867.213716374781"/> </Query> </SeatAvailabilityRQ>
The SeatAvailabilityRS service includes a detailed price breakdown for each seat of the requested Offer in the request.
Each ALaCarteOfferItem (for each specific Seat like 12C, 15A) is created in the response for all passengers. This section displays the price breakdown for the specific seat.
The ALaCarteOfferItem is created for each Flight segment (not for each bound) and each type of Seat.
- For example, ASPM, ASPW, ASPA each of these types should create different ALaCarteOfferItem to display the price details.
- SeatAvailabilityRS/ALaCarteOffer/ALaCarteOfferItem/Eligibility/PassengerRefs – This includes all available passenger in the request. For multiple passenger scenarios, the user should remember that the seat should be assigned for each passenger in the OfferPriceRQ or OrderCreateRQ.
- Each ALaCarteOfferItem displays the total amount of the Seat including Taxes. This section displays Taxes Total, but does NOT display the Base Amount of the Seat price.
The SeatMap (SeatAvailabilityRS/SeatMap) section displays below details:
- SeatAvailabilityRS/SeatMap/Cabin/CabinType – Displays details like Economy, Business etc.
- SeatAvailabilityRS/SeatMap/Cabin/CabinLayout – Includes information about wing position, start and end rows, exit row position, etc.
- SeatAvailabilityRS/SeatMap/Cabin/Row/Number – Displays the specific seat number.
- SeatAvailabilityRS/SeatMap/Cabin/Row/Seat – Includes seat status, seat characteristic code, and column.
The ServiceDefination section displays details about each seat type like ASTM, ASTW (standard Window seat), etc.
Seat Type Code
- ASPM - Preferred middle seat
- ASPA - Preferred Aisle seat
- ASPW - Preferred Window seat
- ASTM - Standard Middle seat
- ASTA - Standard Aisle seat
- ASTW - Standard Window seat
- OfferID with multiple flights (connecting flights) – The SeatAvailabilityRS includes multiple SeatMap and FlightSegment for connecting scenarios.